Strategy and Business Risk Assessment Leaders
CEO | President- David Mroczka
Overview: Successful business & technology executive intensely focused on commercialization & growth. Mr. Mroczka builds, leads and motivates high performance teams with an approach that combines an entrepreneurial mindset with corporate operational excellence. He excels at development and market introduction of highly engineered products and services for Hypersonics, Defense, Aerospace, Artificial Intelligence, Energy, Industrial, Electronics, Automotive, Chemicals/Materials, and Medical markets. Experienced in Commercial and Fed/State/Local Government contracting & technologies ranging from TRL-1 thru TRL-9 as well as, managing P&L from start-up to $100 million.
Leadership Skills: Growth & Planning, Business Management, Strategic Technology Planning, Product Development, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Strategic Partnerships, Operational Leadership and Supervision, Manufacturing, Process Re-engineering, Budget Development and Cost Control, Quality, Contract Negotiations, Vendor Management, Agile Methods, Government Contracting, IP Law
Education: MBA First in Class with 4.0 GPA, MS Management IP Law-Both from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, BSME Minor MFG Eng.- University of Hartford Patents/IP: 20+ Issued & Pending
Mr. Mroczka is currently working with the Innoveering hypersonics team (www.innoveering.net) to commercialize multiple sensor and propulsion technologies. This work began in 2017 after 20 years of operating P&L businesses for highly engineered products and services. While at Innoveering he has grown the business by over 100% and won multiple new contracts supporting The US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), DARPA, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD). Technologies included Howitzer-launched RamJets, Novel harsh environment sensors, Rotating Detonation Engines, Transparent Armor & Carbon-Carbon Composites.
Most recently he was a private consultant to various sizes and stages of companies to guide them using a quantified assessment and development process that inspires growth and reduces risks inherent in the commercialization process. This process is currently being developed as a Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence application for business and military markets. Initial military targets include ONR, OSD & DARPA for mission planning and development.
His tenure included 7 years as the senior business and technical executive of Dayton T. Brown Test Labs (www.dtbtest.com), one of the largest private product qualification test labs in the US. At DTB, Mr. Mroczka managed a 300,000 sq. ft. facility running an average of 3,000 qualification programs per year. DTB predominantly developed and qualified products for the aerospace and defense industry. Examples include the main radar system for the F35 JSF program, missile control systems for various ground to air systems, and the launch and recovery equipment for the EMALS aircraft carrier electro-magnetic launch system. While at DTB Mr. Mroczka expanded the testing business into commercial aerospace, ballistics and high-power testing. He then built a new team and won a $200 million IDIQ contract for development of US Navy Top Secret aircraft prototypes. He moved on to win the first major task for a highly mobile vehicle used for IT C4ISR activities for which he delivered multiple vehicles on time and on budget.
Prior to DTB, Mr. Mroczka was a Business Unit Manager for a $3 Billion Japanese chemicals company (UBE Industries) responsible for developing technical products to expand market opportunities for North and South America.
Mr. Mroczka also held positions in engineering and development for Philips Electronics, TI-Walbro, Luitpold Pharmaceuticals and Kaman Aerospace and holds over 20 patents and patents pending for products and technologies in multiple industries. AIC was created to consult to top market leading companies in response to a market need to help manage change and innovation for improved business growth. This is of particular interest to Executives, Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors who seek high returns with reduced risk in the shortest time frame possible.
David lives in Babylon NY. He has developed numerous business plans and consulting programs, is an avid ice hockey and lacrosse coach, fan and dad. He frequently speaks to business leaders about business investments, change leadership, growth, and the elimination of risks to drive successful business outcomes.
Senior Advisor- Richard Mizrack AB, JD, LLM
Richard Mizrack has extensive corporate, business and commercial experience and skills advising and counseling clients on a wide-range of domestic and transnational business matters, including:
• Acquisition and sale of interests in privately and publicly owned companies, including joint venture companies in the US, Europe and Japan (represented US, UK, Japanese and Korean clients);
• Projects in the PRC, including representation of major US educational institution in negotiations with Chinese educational institutions to provide US degrees;
• Licensing of intellectual property, including representation of Japanese company as licensee of NASA patents in US, Japan, Canada and Europe; representation of UK licensor in PRC; negotiation of Application Service Provider and software agreements for insurance company;
• Joint manufacturing and research projects and strategic alliances (US, Japan and Europe);
• Arbitration (including enforcement of awards) and mediation;
• Marketing, consulting, distribution; purchase and supply agreements;
• Plant construction and engineering agreements (chemical, aluminum, gasification);
• Trade matters, including US customs and anti-dumping and unfair trade practices;
• Counsel to start-up companies in biotechnology and the internet based companies;
• Establishment, structuring and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies; mergers; re-capitalization of corporations; changes of domicile of corporations to take advantage of State tax rules and deductions; service agreements among related and third parties;
• Outside general counsel engaging and managing special counsel and accountants in transnational bankruptcy (US and Canada); trade secret litigation in federal court; Section 337 case before the US International Trade Commission, and US customs audits.
• Successfully arranged sales of companies in Japan and Europe, handling legal and commercial aspects, including engaging local counsel, identifying and negotiating with prospective buyers in Asia and Europe.
Clients have included US, Canadian, Japanese, Korean and European entities and individuals in diverse industries, including biotechnology, entertainment, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, steel, communications satellites, insurance, financial services, heavy equipment, fashion, cement, distribution, education, mining and manufacturing.
Served as a member of the boards of several transnational companies, including UBE America Inc, the US subsidiary of UBE Industries, Ltd; Adeka Argus Chemical Co., Ltd of Tokyo, Japan, (a manufacturer of chemicals) (as the American representative director); a director and vice-president of Brammer PLC’s American holding company, Brammer Corporation and of Master Pumps, a distributor of equipment for oil production, as well as a director of a chemical manufacturing joint venture with operations in Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Germany and France.
As an active member of the management team, advised on marketing of new products and technologies in the United States; prepared press releases and press packets and product brochures for clients; arranged interviews for executives; and represented clients at government agencies and hearings.
Licenses and Memberships:
• Licensed in State of New York and, the District of Columbia as well as before the Supreme Court of the United States and the Court of International Trade. Bar Association of the City of New York; the American Society of International Law; former member of the American Chemical Society, the International Bar Association; the American Bar Association; and the Licensing Executives Society.
University of Chicago (AB, general and special honors (history)), Columbia Law School (JD, Dean's List and Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), Harvard Law School (LLM).
Senior Advisor- Lawrence Sprung
Lawrence Sprung is Mitlin Financial’s president and lead wealth manager. Larry drives planning and asset management services, as well as business development, for the firm.
Larry entered the financial industry in 1996, and continues to be inspired and energized by the challenge of helping his clients achieve and even surpass their financial goals.
Larry earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics from Binghamton University. He holds the respected Certified Financial Planner™ designation, reflecting expertise across a broad range of planning topics.
He started his career at a small boutique, and later served as a Financial Consultant at Salomon Smith Barney and a Vice President at Bank of America Investments. He founded Mitlin Financial in 2004, incorporating in the business the best features and practices from his previous firms.
Today, Larry is proud to be serving the second and third generations of his clients. He has seen first-hand how strong financial habits, instilled in parents, children and grandchildren, can impact a family’s wealth and wealth stewardship for generations.
Larry is known as a devoted educator. His efforts include not just regular client meetings but also workshops on diverse financial topics. He is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
An active volunteer, Larry serves on the National Board of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and sits on its Financial and Investment committees. With his wife, Denise, he has raised more than $700,000 for the organization through the Keith Milano Memorial Fund. The fund was created at AFSP in memory of Larry and Denise’s brother-in-law and brother, respectively.
Larry has been recognized as one of Long Island Business News' "40 Under 40," and was subsequently chosen, in 2009, as Valedictorian of the "40 Under 40" Class of 2006. His commentary is regularly featured in publications such as Long Island Business News, U.S. News & World Reports, Newsday and RT Digital Magazine, serving the author community.
A Smithtown resident, Larry is an avid New York Rangers fan, and gets on the ice himself whenever he can. He and Denise travel frequently to watch their two sons play hockey in traveling leagues.